Spara Capital is a sister company of Spark Power Corp. Spark Power delivers development, asset management, maintenance & operations and technical services to over 4,500 customers across Canada in the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI), municipalities, universities, schools and hospitals (MUSH), renewable energy and power infrastructure markets.
Spara Capital has been an early and significant player in the Ontario power services, infrastructure, and renewable energy markets. Our strong network throughout the sector has led initiatives including:
- Sourcing, negotiating and executing the acquisition and integration of high and medium voltage technician based service businesses.
- Sourcing, negotiating and executing the acquisition and integration of a niche low voltage technician based service business.
- Structuring, management, and oversight of a solar power cooperative established to provide end-to-end service in the planning, financing, construction and operations/maintenance of 1,000 microFIT solar units on behalf of co-op members.
- Structuring, negotiating and securing a $40+ million debt financing facility for an Ontario agricultural co-operative in relation to the construction of solar units.
- Sourcing, negotiating and executing the acquisition and integration of a leading North American renewables operations and maintenance business.
- Acquisition, development, and sale of a 14MW FIT solar project to a Southern Ontario utility.